log4net missing from Azure artifacts

Topics: Installing Orchard
Jun 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi. I have a copy of the Orchard sources obtained via Mercurial which I updated tonight using HG FETCH. I've successfully build the Azure deployment zip using the ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd script and deployed the resluting artifacts.

The problem is that the deployed site complains that:

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas why log4net.dll isn't being binplaced into the package?

After manually copying log4net.dll into the virtual machine via Remote Desktop, I am then faced with this error:

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Orchard.Packaging.Extensions.PackageExtensions.ExtensionFolder(NuGet.IPackage)' and 'Orchard.Packaging.Extensions.PackageExtensions.ExtensionFolder(NuGet.IPackage)'

Source Error:

Line 63:             // 1. See if extension was previous installed and backup its folder if so
Line 64:             try {
Line 65:                 previousInstalled = BackupExtensionFolder(package.ExtensionFolder(), package.ExtensionId());
Line 66:             }
Line 67:             catch (Exception exception) {

Source File: e:\approot\Modules\Orchard.Packaging\Services\PackageInstaller.cs    Line: 65

What am I doing wrong?

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM

We changed a few thing, we still need to check everything has also been changed on the Azure solution.

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Thanks for the note. Any chance you could add Azure BVT's to catch basic issues like this?

Any idea when I should roll-back to?