Azure: Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'

Topics: Installing Orchard
May 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hey guys,

Trying to get Orchard up and running on Azure, if I use the binary package you have on CodePlex it runs no problem. But I need to add a ton of modules for my project, so I followed the steps, and in fact if I don't add any, and just clone the repository, build the solution and change the DataConnectionString to my SQL Azure connection string and then Debug locally within VS, I get this error. Obviously something in the setup hasn't been done or I've missed a step, but I'm going off of the tutorial on Deploying Orchard to Azure, and I don't see that I'm missing a step. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, here's the data from the App_Data logs:

Orchard.Data.SessionLocator - Openning database session
Orchard.Data.SessionLocator - Openning database session
NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher - Could not execute query: SELECT top 2 this_.Id as Id2_0_, this_.SerialNumber as SerialNu2_2_0_ FROM Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord this_ WHERE 1=1
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd)
NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd)
   at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.GetResultSet(IDbCommand st, Boolean autoDiscoverTypes, Boolean callable, RowSelection selection, ISessionImplementor session)
NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter - Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.
NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord'.

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Actually this exception is standard during Setup, it's actually trying to see if the database has already been created, in case a previous setup went bad. This exception is thus always in the log but you can safely ignore it.

May 25, 2011 at 12:38 AM

But it comes up when accessing the URL as well, it doesn't ever get past it. Checked my sql azure instance as I configured it in the ServiceConfiguration.csfg and it has no tables created. I get it locally debugging the Azure solution as well as the live instance, but if I switch out the DataConnectionString to the development storage it works fine. Staging link below:

http://c9bec7307dbb4d6dadd227ceb5981985.cloudapp.net/

May 25, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Wow, figured it out, I needed to delete the BLOB storage entries, I guess it found the BLOB instances and thought the instance should of been configured, so my test to see if the initial worked left state over that I never cleared out.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Wow.. There's an answer for almost everything on the web.. lol... Only Reset my Blob storage and it did the Trick