Adjust a few things

Topics: Administration
May 24, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I recently launched www.iislogs.com and had my blog data, which I finally achieved.  I'm not sure how to do a few things

1) I would like to add the following metadata to the header page.

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="ZIP IIS log files to recover disk space, zip " />
<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="logs, log, iis log, files, compress, zip, compression, Internet Information Services,IIS,Logs,IIS logs,Logfiles,Log Files,syslog,download,free asp,asp.net, asp,iis,log,archive,compression,zip,search,rar,winrar,winzip,delete,delete logs, delete logfiles, delete log files,Microsoft IIS,IIS5,IIS 5,IIS 6, Internet Information Server,web logs, web server logs, webserver logsMicrosoft IIS 5, Microsoft IIS6, IIS 6, Internet Information Server 6,, Microsoft IIS7, IIS 7, Internet Information Server 7" />
<meta name="ROBOTS" content="INDEX, FOLLOW" />
<meta name="COPYRIGHT" content="Copyright (c) 2005-2009 IISLogs, LLC" />
<meta name="AUTHOR" content="IISLogs" />
<meta name="RESOURCE-TYPE" content="DOCUMENT" />
<meta name="DISTRIBUTION" content="GLOBAL" />
<meta name="REVISIT-AFTER" content="1 DAYS" />
<meta name="RATING" content="GENERAL" />

2) How do I adjust the footer text so it doesn't say Contonso?  Look at the bottom of www.iislogs.com :) 

There are other little things I hope to blog about my experiences, overall I'm impressed with Orchard so far. 

May 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Just one comment: using that many keywords is bad practice and liable to hurt your search engine performance. Recommended number of keywords per page is no more than 10; beyond this, you will get flagged as spamming by search engines.

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Check out this module to see how to add meta tags: http://orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Vandelay.Meta. That is, if you want to do this from the admin UI. Otherwise, you could add those directly into a document.cshtml override in your theme.

The footer text can be changed by overriding BadgeOfHonor.cshtml in your theme.

May 25, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Thanks Bertrand - I was able to find what I was looking for.