Blog categories

Topics: General
May 19, 2011 at 3:53 AM

I am using the latest version of Orchard CMS v1.1. I am using the blog funtioanality of Orchard.

Curios on the following features

- How do I use categories for blog posts?

- I have configured windows Live writer to do blog posts. Does Windows Live writer support tags?

- On my blog posts I have hyperlinks. Is there a way to track who/how many times the hyperlinks were clicked?

Any help highly appreciated !! Thanks in advance...

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

What are you expecting from categories? Depending on what you mean, the Taxonomies module might be what you are looking for (see http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2011/05/17/using-taxonomies-in-orchard.aspx).

Live Writer does support tags, yes, and it will give you IntelliSense on existing tags as you enter them.

In order to track hyperlink clicks, you would probably have to write a custom module and use modified URLs. I don't remember seeing anything like that on the Gallery.

May 20, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Appreciate the response.

- I reviewed the taxaonomies module and that might suit my needs for the blog.

- do you have a link/example of how specify tags in windows live writer.

Is there somekind of rating control or like control similar to facebook for the blog?

Once again appreciate your time and input.

May 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I haven't seen a "like" module but there's certainly a voting / star module, just search in the gallery I'm sure you'll find it ;)

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

On tags from Live Writer, it's really super-trivially easy to find but here:

May 21, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Thanks so much for your help. I feel stupid about not noticing the tags on the live writer :-)

Appreciate all the help, I was able to find facebook.like and the voting modules from the orchard gallery.

My next goal is to figure the blog archives by month and list most popular tags !!!