Orchard is awesome!

Topics: General
May 18, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I had no idea where to post this topic, but I just wanted to say Orchard is awesome! I have been developing hobby sites for over 10 years, starting with static HTML, learning JavaScript, eventually trying out several CMSs and settling with many PHP offerings. When I decided to take my web development a step further and actually learn a language, I chose ASP.NET for many reasons, but when it came to content management, ASP.NET has very few options, and even fewer that are easy to extend, skin, and deploy.

Basically, ASP.NET had no "WordPress" until Orchard. Orchard is still very new but shows so much promise over all the other CMSs I've tried. I think Orchard is the kind of leverage the ASP.NET + Open Source community needs to get closer to PHP userbase.

I know there are still many kinks to work out, but wanted to say thanks to the development team. You guys always answer questions professionally and have been extremely patient with us users. Your hard work is definitely appreciated! I'm not adept at writing code myself, so I doubt I will be contributing any code in the short term, but the direction of the project so far is amazing and I wish the best to all developers working hard to provide the best open source ASP.NET CMS, both on the core team and those developing third-party modules. THANKS!

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Much appreciated, thanks!