Why doesn't Microsoft throw a few bodies at creating themes?

Topics: General
May 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM

This should be a good investment. At least initially to catch up with the abundance of themes for WordPress, for example.

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM

mmh, do you think we didn't consider this? ;) We have to fight to get resources to do stuff, like anybody else. We're trying to make that happen but it will take some time, if we succeed at all.

May 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I want you to fight hard for this.

A couple of years ago, I gave up programming asp.net because everything was so complicated (in comparison with the other dominant web platform): from finding a decent and cheap webhost to publishing my site. Now with WebMatrix, I am giving asp.net another shot. And finding Windows webhosting is also much easier (there are still many horrible Windows hosters around). If you pick the right Windows host, everything just works!

As far as I see, Orchard can be crucial for attracting more developers to the Windows platform. After considering other CMS, I think Orchard is the most promising and I've decided to use it.

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Understood :)

May 18, 2011 at 2:48 PM

So h8000,

What windows host are you using?

May 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I am using Applied Innovations. Their url is appliedi.net . My second choice is winhost.com. I actually had/have Windows hosting at GoDaddy and Lunarpages and won't touch them again for Windows hosting.