Feature request: Filter by tag

Topics: General
May 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM

I'd like to have the possibility to filter a certain content type by tag. What I mean by that is probably that I want to filter lists based on tags. For instance: blog posts. Or any other content added. It would be very helpful when creating your pages.

Coordinator
May 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

That is already there: if you click on one of the tags it will take you to a view of the items that have it.

May 14, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Ah, you miss my point. That returns all content types that has that tag, right? I want it for a specific type only. Or within a specific set of item. For instance a list or blog.

On 13 maj 2011, at 19:08, "bertrandleroy" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That is already there: if you click on one of the tags it will take you to a view of the items that have it.

Coordinator
May 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Then write your own Content Manager query, in your own controller.

May 23, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Very well!

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM

@kelthar did you end up writing this?  I'm looking for a widget that displays all blog posts (or whatever content type) with a specific tag.  For example, if I'm looking at "~/product1" then i want to see all posts with the product1 tag displayed in a widget in the second aside.  Details available here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6583512/orchard-how-to-show-all-blog-posts-with-a-specific-tag-as-a-widget

thx,

Dan