My Orchard install on Azure broken this morning

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
May 4, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I've got orchard installed at http://coapporchard.cloudapp.net/ ... and I went to the site this morning, and it's broken. the top of the stacktrace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Response is not available in this context.]
   Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() +96
   Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.ExecuteAndWait() +271
   Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.<LazyEnumerateSegmented>d__0`1.MoveNext() +167
   Orchard.Azure.AzureBlobFolderStorage.GetDirectorySize(CloudBlobDirectory directoryBlob) in c:\root\projects\orchard\src\Orchard.Azure\AzureFileSystem.cs:369
   Orchard.Media.Services.MediaService.<GetMediaFolders>b__1(IStorageFolder folder) in c:\root\projects\orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Media\Services\MediaService.cs:62
   System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +232
   System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +196
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +472
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +80
   Orchard.Media.Services.MediaService.GetMediaFolders(String relativePath) in c:\root\projects\orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Media\Services\MediaService.cs:61
   Mello.ImageGallery.Services.ImageGalleryService..ctor(IMediaService mediaService, IRepository`1 repository, IRepository`1 imageRepository, IThumbnailService thumbnailService, IRepository`1 imageGalleryPartRepository) +119

It looks like it's having trouble with the Azure Storageclient... I can see the contents of my storage using the AzureStorageExplorer (found on codeplex) .. and it all looks fine to me.

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM

There is a specific module name in the stack trace. It might be related to it, or not, but if you could file this one in the issue tracker, we'll keep track of it.

May 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Yeah, I saw that...

Is there a way to disable a module when orchard won't start?

AzureBlobFlolderStorage should really handle failures gracefully instead of just letting that stuff go.

G

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM

rename its module.txt file.

May 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Ouch; If I'm not mistaken, that requires me to redeploy to Azure.  

A process that is full of speed and joy :D

G