Registration page design on Orchard Project

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
May 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi All,

I am planning to use Orchard Project for CMS. Only thing I am not sure is if Orchard will be able to do the following.

I want to create a registration page where users can come and register which will send an email to them with the registration details. Once they get the username and password they can then login and get access to specific content which is only allowed to registered users.

Also do I need to create the database at the back or Orchard will take care to create the database tables depending on the design of the registration.

Any details of this will be useful.

Thanks a lot.

May 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Orchard already supports being able to have user register and then log in.

What is a bit trickier out of the box is having "private" content like you describe.

The easiest method at the moment is to add security restrictions based on hard-coded URLs.

Regarding support for "proper" view permissions there are two workitems relating to this:

So please vote them up if it's important to you. Once either of these workitems are dealt with it'll be possible to restrict viewing content either based on the content type, or using special per-item roles for which I'm developing a separate module.