error trying to initialize Orchard session

Topics: Troubleshooting
May 3, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I've been working on my Module and tried to go into the command line to run a datamigration on it and I now seem to be taking an error in a completely unrelated module that is installed on my site that I have not been working in at all.

The error is telling me that RouteData could not be found and that I should add a reference to System.Web. The file it flags as having this error seems to change every time I attempt to enter command line. I have checked every file that it has been referencing and they all have a reference to System.Web in them.

Any ideas what may have started causing this? Thanks.

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Can you please file a bug with repro steps? What module is crashing?

May 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM

It's the Szmyd.Orchard.Module.Menu module.

I wish I knew what I possibly could have done to step on it so I could file a bug with the repro steps, but I'm not even sure what I did or if it was even me.

I deleted the module folder and was able to get in to command line. I ran my datamigration and then put the module folder back. The site seems to be running perfectly fine, including the Menu module. I'll post the stack trace and error as a bug and then try to reinstall the Menu module to see if that resolves the issue.

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM

[Summoning Piotr]

May 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I reinstalled the module, but that didn't do anything.

I did a Rebuild Solution after that instead of just a normal Build, and that seemed to resolve the issue...I can get into the command line now with the Menu module present.

Strange...very strange, but it appears to be working again. I filed that bug in case you want to look at it. Thanks.