Suggestion needed for example to follow

Topics: Writing modules
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I have to say that writing my application within Orchard is very daunting at this point...

I followed the documentation to get the basics of my Module running and I created a model that has created a table in the database.

Can someone suggest a good module(s) to look at that can help me with doing the following...

• On the front-side of the website (not Orchard admin area), create/edit/delete rows in a custom table in the database. I'm currently trying to dissect the Contact Form module, but it's not really helping.
  • On the front-side of the website, how to upload images to the Image Gallery.
  • How to use the Orchard.Users information in my application so I can write to the my application tables using the User Id and then link that table back to the Orchard Users table so I can display UserName and Email if needed.

Thanks for the push in the right direction!

Just to give an idea of what this first part is going to do, I need to display a list of all the items within a table with the ability to edit each one individually, delete them, or create a new one. I'm hoping once I understand how to do this, the rest of the application should go pretty smoothly.