Install Recipe from the command line

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
Apr 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Does the command line tool support recipe's?

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Yes, there is a recipes execute command.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Thanks, I found the help commands command from the console app but nothing on the list specified 'recipe', do I install it like a module/theme (package install) or does it have its own command?

My goal is to have orchard hosted and have the base site/external site be able to spin up tenants via wcf. So my idea was to re-compile the tool into a dll and modify/extend that to allow the wcf client modify the instance.

So I need to be able to do 2 things, spin up a new site and then apply a recipe to it, ideally in 1 step. 

I did see the tenant command but didn't see where you could specify options to it.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Well, you need the Recipes module enabled... The setup command is also recipe-aware.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:18 PM

since recipe's are a core feature of 1.1, you cant enable or disable them right? ie always enabled?  I found this module Contrib.RecipeCommands and it has 1 additional command "recipes parse <filename>.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I include a recipe in the command line argument, it blows up the site.  This is what I'm trying to run:

setup /SiteName:"MySite" /AdminUsername:admin /AdminPassword:password /DatabaseProvider:SqlCE /Recipe:default

If I leave off the recipe switch it works fine.  Also, if I put garbage in the recipe switch (i.e. a recipe that doesn't exist), it doesn't complain at all.

Coordinator
May 1, 2011 at 4:01 AM

That should work. Can you try Default with a capital D as the recipe name? If it does make a difference, please file a bug, as this should probably be case-insensitive.

May 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM

It was case insensitive.  I have a fix and will create a bug with patch attached. 

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Fantastic, thanks!