Default content sort on summary pages

Topics: General
Apr 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I've just noticed that default sorting in Orchard seems to be by creation date, instead of publish date for the content summary pages. Is there any particular reason for that? 

I'd propose default sorting by publish date DESC, which should be a usual case for running a blog or a media content through the CMS. Content may be created as draft, and iterated over until it's ready to be published, and it doesn't need to follow creation dates.

Is that default possible to be changed for future releases, applied to blog summary page, tags, etc. (should then be applied to all other summary content listing through modules like taxonomy module, etc.)?

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM

The problem here would be that if you amend content and republish, it would change the publish date - you wouldn't normally want content jumping up the list just because you've amended a typo for instance.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

yes, in that case you'd be right... 

it might be that i'm used to that after the content is published, when I hit save, it remains published and automatically updated. no drafts any more once published... 

still, this doesn't solve the situation when drafts are not displayed in the order they've been first published. i've just published an older draft to my blog, it has today's date (20th), and the article above it is from 18th... is there any method how could I push that newest article to the top? (any other way than rewritting it to a new article?)... any ideas?

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Please file a bug.

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Bug filed: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17758