Error when trying to install any module

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I've just upgraded to Orchard 1.1 and now I get the following error whenever I try to install a module:

None of the constructors found with policy 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Packaging.Controllers.PackagingServicesController' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackageManager, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackagingSourceManager, Orchard.UI.Notify.INotifier, Orchard.FileSystems.AppData.IAppDataFolderRoot, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Modules.Services.IModuleService, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeManager)' parameter resolution failed at parameter 'Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester recipeHarvester'.

Any ideas? I can't work out how to install manually - not sure what to do with an npukg file?

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM

See the following thread:

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Additionally you can also check the following link for upgrade instructions:

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I read the thread but couldn't find any help as to solve the situation.

I followed the upgrade instructions exactly as per the link.

I guess I'll have to do a fresh install and re-add the content from scratch.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2011 at 5:17 PM

You need to enable the Recipes module from the Orchard command line (per andrerod's comment there)

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM

BTW; a .nupkg is basically just a zip file, so you can decompress it and copy into your modules folder. But really you just need to enable Recipes, that's why Autofac is failing with a dependency on something from the Recipes module.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Agh, sorry, I must be blind. That worked!