Not sure whose issue this is.

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM

With an upgrated 1.1 site I installed Advanced menu - Version: 1.2.1 from the gallery. The install reported success and the next refresh produced the error below.

Once the folder is deleted the site returns to normal operation.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'sys.lock_information'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'sys.lock_information'.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'sys.lock_information'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
   Orchard.Experimental.LockLogging.OnException(ExceptionContext filterContext) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeExceptionFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, Exception exception) +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +308
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in d:\TeamCity\Projects\Orchard-Default\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:148
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8841105
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

May 8, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I had the same error message (although in a different situation) -- using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express DB.

Since I had no clue as what could cause it, I decided to reinstall Orchard, and when configuring a fresh instance of orchard, noticed the Lock Logging feature, which was enabled last time.

I left this Lock Logging disabled this time, and the problem is gone. Maybe it was the reason, or maybe something else, as I did a few things differently as well.

According to what I have googled -- sys.lock_information is only present in SQL Server Compact, so maybe this Lock Logging feature is only meant to be used with Compact Edtion of SQL Server?

--Daniel

May 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Edited May 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM

i just got this also. ours was after importing a blog file.

anybody have any ideas how to fix this? where is this lock logging feature set?

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I am still getting this Invalid object name 'sys.lock_information'. error, although in a different context.

Can anyone confirm that this has been fixed in V.next?

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:13 AM

@JonnyBoats: Do you have the "Lock Logging" feature disabled?

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM
CraneInTheSky wrote:

No, should I?

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM
JonnyBoats wrote:
CraneInTheSky wrote:

No, should I?

yes, that was my issue as it turned out. disable it and you should be golden.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM

How do I disable the lock logging feature?

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Um....for others who may have this question, the Lock Logging feature is shown as a Module (when the Experimental module is installed).

I simply went into the Modules list (in the Development section) and clicked "Disable" for Lock Logging.

(Going back into my coma now.)

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
StartupGuy wrote:

How do I disable the lock logging feature?

run : "feature disable Orchard.Experimental.LockLogging" using the command line interface of Orchard