The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.

Topics: Installing Orchard
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to install orchard on an SQL Express database. However I keep seeing this nagging error. It's the Orchard 1.1.30 release, built from Source.

Any thoughts? Is anybody else experiencing this ?

May 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I just got this error also tring to install orchard with a SQL Server 2008 Express db. Any Ideas?

Coordinator
May 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

No idea. Can you describe exactly the steps you followed before you arrived to this result? Can you provide a full stack trace? It might be a good idea to file this as a bug in the issue tracker.

May 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Basicly I :

• Installed orchard via WebPI;
  • Created an empty database in SQL Server
  • Added a new user allowed to connect to the created database
  • Filled in the install form with user info and connectionstring
  • Ran the install

It was my first try with Orchard, but for SQL Server  I got the error. I then tried for SQL CE and had no problems. Is instalation through an install script (sql) or is it run in a class? When I get a chance I'll try to go in a little deeper... For now I'm just testing things.

May 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

No idea. Can you describe exactly the steps you followed before you arrived to this result? Can you provide a full stack trace? It might be a good idea to file this as a bug in the issue tracker.

I am running into this issue as well with SQL Server 2008 Express. 

Steps:

1. Downloaded .zip
  2. Extracted Orchard folder contents to a folder.
  3. Accessed site through IIS
  4. Filled out usernames, passwords and connection string (SQL Server 2008 Express is installed locally)
  5. Clicked "Finish Setup"
  6. Received the same error mentioned above (The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.
  7. Also attempted to run setup by running though VS 2010.  Same result.
May 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I get this message, too, on SQL Server 2008 R2.  I got around it by stepping over in VS 2010.

May 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM
carlingkirk wrote:

I get this message, too, on SQL Server 2008 R2.  I got around it by stepping over in VS 2010.

Ok, so you downloaded the source.  I didn't really want to go that far, but will if I have to.  It is surely a bug though.

Drew

May 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Any updates on this issue? I'm running into the same thing here. The problem is, it appears randomly. So I don't know what to do. Please, help.
Coordinator
May 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
What version of Orchard are you using. We haven't seen this for a while.
May 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I'm using Orchard v.1.3. and SQL Server 2008 R2.
Coordinator
May 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Then I'd like to say it has been fixed. You should try to upgrade.