Basics of Publishing to host?

Topics: General
Apr 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Good morning,

With this system, after you have downloaded and setup your site on the Local PC,

How do you go about publishing it to the hosting server/site?

Do you need the host to have anything installed on the their servers? Other then say .net and SQL server.

Can the project be loaded into VS2010?

And then use the Publish feature in there?

I couldn't find the answers to these questions on the site.

Thanks

Deasun

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Hi,

The Publish option in VS won't work properly because of all the sub-projects in Modules.

The best way I find is to run the "ClickToBuild.cmd" which will build everything into build/Stage and you can FTP that up to your hosting.

All the required libraries should be included, but if you have any issues at that stage someone here should be able to help you further.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM
thanks for the reply.

Beta Tester Badge 3

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:24:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Basics of Publishing to host? [orchard:253566]

Hi,
The Publish option in VS won't work properly because of all the sub-projects in Modules.
The best way I find is to run the "ClickToBuild.cmd" which will build everything into build/Stage and you can FTP that up to your hosting.
All the required libraries should be included, but if you have any issues at that stage someone here should be able to help you further.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Actually, VS publishing should work in 1.1.

May 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Well I have tried VS publishing in 1.1 and it does not want to play.

No idea where "ClickToBuild.cmd" is either. Can't find it in the source. Please help. I have no idea how to publish and get it working.

May 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Bertrand, would it be possibly to get some basic instructions on how to set this up? We have also run into a lot of problems with deploying our orchard project...if it does in fact work with VS, some guidance would be appreciated...

May 24, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Running into the same issue, when I publish(using full source)  via visual studio the output is around a .5 gb.   Thats no good.

May 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Ah, put the project in release instead of debug config.  Much better.