Errors when Installing themes Modules after update to 1.1

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Apr 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Hello

Is anyone else getting errors installing Modules and themes from the gallery after upgrading to 1.1.3 ? 

I tried a new empty site straight out of the box and have no problems, The error occurs after I have switched over the DB from an existing site.

Server Error in '/OrchardLocal' Application.

None of the constructors found with policy 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Packaging.Controllers.PackagingServicesController' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackageManager, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackagingSourceManager, Orchard.UI.Notify.INotifier, Orchard.FileSystems.AppData.IAppDataFolderRoot, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Modules.Services.IModuleService, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeManager)' parameter resolution failed at parameter 'Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester recipeHarvester'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with policy 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Packaging.Controllers.PackagingServicesController' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackageManager, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackagingSourceManager, Orchard.UI.Notify.INotifier, Orchard.FileSystems.AppData.IAppDataFolderRoot, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Modules.Services.IModuleService, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeManager)' parameter resolution failed at parameter 'Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester recipeHarvester'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with policy 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Packaging.Controllers.PackagingServicesController' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackageManager, Orchard.Packaging.Services.IPackagingSourceManager, Orchard.UI.Notify.INotifier, Orchard.FileSystems.AppData.IAppDataFolderRoot, Orchard.IOrchardServices, Orchard.Modules.Services.IModuleService, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester, Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeManager)' parameter resolution failed at parameter 'Orchard.Recipes.Services.IRecipeHarvester recipeHarvester'.]
   Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +381
   Autofac.Core.Resolving.ComponentActivation.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters) +91
   Autofac.Core.Resolving.ComponentActivation.Execute(IEnumerable`1 parameters) +213
   Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Resolve(ISharingLifetimeScope activationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +248
   Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Resolve(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +52
   Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.Resolve(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +137
   Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolve(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance) +103
   Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolve(IComponentContext context, Service service, Object& instance) +65
   Orchard.Mvc.OrchardControllerFactory.TryResolve(WorkContext workContext, Object serviceKey, T& instance) +259
   Orchard.Mvc.OrchardControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) +107
   System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) +74
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory) +196
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass6.<BeginProcessRequest>b__2() +49
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb`1.<ProcessInApplicationTrust>b__a() +13
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Func`1 func) +124
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +98
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +50
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +16
   Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +183
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8862676
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

TIA

Nick

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I have the same problem :(

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Hello, i solved the problem. Sorry if my english is not good, i'm not a native speaker.

The problem was/is, that the coremodule Recipe, which is new with Orchard 1.1, is disabled. Packaging (the module for installing modules) call an recipeharvester, that doesn't exist, because recipes is disabled....

The solution is to enable Recipes, but you cant do that, because its a core module. You need to enable Orchard.Recipes with the command line tool:

1.) How to use the Command Line tool

2.) Write "feature enable Orchard.Recipes" without ".

3.) Problem solved :-)

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Mmmh, how could you possibly have ended up with that module disabled?

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I have the same problem after updating from 1.0 to 1.1. (using clean method)

However I can't currently get the command line tool to work. Will start another thread about that if I fail to fix it.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Oooh. I see.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 3:47 AM

I updated the topic. Thanks!

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:32 AM

The Database and settings of the website was from an orchard installation before 1.1 . I think thats why the recipe module is disabled.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM

The setup core module also looks like it's disabled, but I'm guessing that shouldn't affect anything?

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM

That's by design: this module is only ever enabled... during setup.

May 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Guys I'm having this problem on a db updated from prior version, I tried running the enable recipes command with no luck. I see Recipes listed in the modules, but it is disabled and I cannot enable it. any ideas?

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM

What happens when you run the command?

May 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

orchard> feature enable Orchard.Recipes
Enabling features Orchard.Recipes
Could not find feature Orchard.Recipes
Could not enable features: Orchard.Recipes
Available features are : Settings,Common,Contents,Routable,Containers,Dashboard,
Feeds,HomePage,Navigation,Reports,Scheduling,Shapes,XmlRpc,Contrib.GoogleAnalyti
cs,Orchard.Scripting,Orchard.Widgets,Facebook.Like,Orchard.Comments,Orchard.Tags
,NGM.BlogML,Orchard.jQuery,Orchard.PublishLater,Orchard.Blogs,Orchard.Blogs.Remo
tePublishing,Orchard.ContentTypes,Orchard.Lists,Orchard.Media,Orchard.Modules,Or
chard.MultiTenancy,PackagingServices,Orchard.Packaging,Gallery,Orchard.Pages,Orc
hard.Users,Orchard.Roles,Orchard.Scripting.Lightweight,Orchard.Setup,Orchard.The
mes,SH.GoogleAnalytics,SH.Robots,TinyMce,Vandelay.Favicon,Vandelay.Meta,Associat
ionDarkGreen,Contoso,FloralViolet,HandcraftRed,MedicalRed,SafeMode,TheAdmin,TheT
hemeMachine

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM

You are missing the actual module. It's just not in your file system.

May 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM

ok, i followed the upgrade instructions so everything should be fine... but anyway, should i just copy some dll's over or what do you suggest? thanks

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Well, if you followed the upgrade instructions then you should be all set.

May 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I'll re-review the upgrade steps and try to figure it out. It's been running this way for a while now, I just hadnt tried to install any new modules recently.