Admin panel - can't click search item at the bottom side

Topics: Administration
Apr 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM

The admin panel on the left hand side, i can't click search or search index as the orchard image has been blocked them. Do your guys face this problem? I need to manually zoom out until 70% instead of 100% of the screen, then i just can click the items. Thanks.

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Hi, yes I notice this as well sometimes (usually in Chrome).

There was already a workitem or thread regarding it, but for some it wasn't reproducible even in the same browser. Which browser version are you running?

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Hi, i run it in IE 9 browser..

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM

What image? Would you mind taking a screenshot to show exactly what you mean?

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM

The flowery overlay at the bottom left. Sometimes it stops me clicking on the last few submenus of Settings. I assume that's what vteck is also referring to.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 2:11 AM

A bit more info on this.

At the bottom there both "Media" and "Users" are unclickable.

This only seems to happen on certain screens where there really isn't much content; so the empty comments screen as shown does this, some other Dashboard pages don't.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:59 AM

yeah, the flowery image at the bottom side. Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 5:40 AM

I was not able to repro this but I will look at it tomorrow. One thing you might try as a temp fix is commenting out the background image in the site.css file for the admin.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM

@jowall - it's a bit random. It depends on resizing the browser to certain heights, and sometimes the image flickers in and out of that position as you do so. Definitely hard to pin down!