Updating to 1.1 error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Downloaded the latest source but does not create the SiteSettings2PartRecord table. So I get error when accessing general settings.

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I can't reproduce that. Did you upgrade all features?

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

There is no feature marked for upgrade. Although when i go to Updates Tab I get the error "Package retrieve error: The null value from property 'Published' cannot be assigned to a type 'System.DateTime'"

Previously was working on http://orchard.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/dd264268de37

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Maybe you already upgraded to 1.x earlier, and the change as not updated the datamigration. You should then create the table manually.

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Thanks for response. I have the table created manually nut what's going on with this: "Package retrieve error: The null value from property 'Published' cannot be assigned to a type 'System.DateTime'"?

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:26 AM

I was ready to debug the error but.... is gone with 346a98f994fb.

Thanks for response guys. Everything seems to work now.

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hello I'm using mercurial to work with the last source and i have exactly the same problem ...

Is Manually creating the table is a solution for me ? (it work  ....)

Why this table havent been created automatically ?

will i have some other missing table (or incorrect table design) ?

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM

It's because up until very recently the BaseUrl setting was added to SiteSettingsPartRecord.

This was producing an upgrade error. So they changed it so a new table was created to hold the BaseUrl setting. But this was still in the same-numbered Update migration so if you already had the old BaseUrl setting you won't get the new update.

You could try fixing this by going to the "Orchard_Framework_DataMigrationRecord" table, find the entry for "Orchard.Core.Settings.Migrations", and subtract 1 from the Version number. This *should* cause the migration to be runnable again.

Let me know if it works.

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Yes it work fine , thanks,

Is there other module which have some change like this in the last migration?

thanks ! ;)

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM

As far as I'm aware, no - but I'm in the same situation, I just haven't attempted the upgrade quite yet! (Will be doing soon, it's just I have 2 live sites and several dev instances; it'll be a bit of work, I have a fun afternoon ahead...)

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Ok

I keep you in touch if I find other bugs like that !

good luck ! :D