Images linked to menu items

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Is it possible to use the Image Field Module by Sébastien Ros to add a Field to a Menu Item and then use it to show an image next to the menu item when navigation is rendered? I have installed and enabled the feature and added a field on the menu item content part but no admin interface to assign images appear anywhere. Does the Hierarchical Menu by Piotr Szmyd support this feature?

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Because menu item editing doesn't use the editor shape composition as normal content editing, custom fields won't show up.

I don't know if Piotr's new version will support this, I know it has a lot of changes - but haven't heard anything for a while regarding when the new version will arrive.

I'm working on different module that will enable hugely customisable scenarios like this. Basically building any graph of arbitrary content relations and completely customising the templates - essentially you could completely replace the menu with your own custom content types. I've got it working but it's not quite suitable for release :) I was going to post about it later.