Adding CommonPart to User when Installing Orchard

Topics: Administration, General, Writing modules
Mar 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I have attempted to add the CommonPart to the User ContentType, but it errors out. I believe the reason is because when the admin user is created, CommonPart is not instantiated.  

Reason I am attempting to add the CommonPart to the User ContentType, is so that I can add the Multiple Address Module with a unique constraint.  Similar to how Comments ContentType utilizes the Container Type.  Is there another Container Type that can be used for a user? I would believe installing Orchard would still error because the user content type still cannot instantiate this new container type. 

This brings up a problem then when attempting to add items with n-n relationships within the user content type.  I believe the CommonPart should be apart of the User ContentType when installed for auditing purposes. 

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Well maybe not an issue, now i am receiving the error without the CommonPart as well, during installation.

could not execute query[ SELECT this_.Id as Id1_0_, this_.SerialNumber as SerialNu2_1_0_ FROM Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord this_ WHERE 1=1 ][SQL: SELECT this_.Id as Id1_0_, this_.SerialNumber as SerialNu2_1_0_ FROM Settings_ShellDescriptorRecord this_ WHERE 1=1]

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM

That error is coming from Repository.cs file 

public virtual T Get(Expression> predicate) {
            return Fetch(predicate).SingleOrDefault();
        }

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Yep, I error out as well when i try to enable the Multiple Address module with attempting attach the CommonPart onto the User ContentType as well via the migration file.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:32 PM

This is the error I receive!

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in NHibernate.DLL

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I attempted to add the commonPart onto the user via the administration page manually and I received the same error above as well. 

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Please file a bug.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Done! Thanks Bertrand!