Problem with updating contest entry

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hello,

I am trying to update my contest entry at https://www.orchardproject.net/omc/Contest/SubmitEntry with my module ID, which I have submitted to the Orchard Gallery. But the drop down with module IDs does not contain my module ID for some reason.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--Daniel 

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Hi Daniel –

We discovered a bug today, and believe we’ve patched the Orchard Module Challenge website to fix it. All the gallery submissions should be appearing on the Submit Entry page now. Can you please try again and let me know if you are unblocked?

Thanks,

Bradley

Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:11 PM
To: Bradley Millington
Subject: Problem with updating contest entry [orchard:249859]

Hello,

I am trying to update my contest entry at https://www.orchardproject.net/omc/Contest/SubmitEntry with my module ID, which I have submitted to the Orchard Gallery. But the drop down with module IDs does not contain my module ID for some reason.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--Daniel

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Hello Bradley,

Thank you very much. Yes, the drop-down now contains the full list of modules, so I have updated my record successfully.

Just one other thing -- the link to Orchard Gallery in the contest entry contains a module version at the end of it in the following format:

orchardproject.net/Gallery/List/Modules/<PackageID>/<Version>

And it is the lowest version of the module. If the link would omit the version number, it would automatically load the page with the latest version. (at least, it seems to me based on experimenting with URL)

Thanks again.

--Daniel

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Great, I am glad to hear that. Thanks for pointing out the problem with the link – I’ll get that fixed. Do note that we will grab the latest version (“Recommended version” on the gallery website), to use for judging purposes no matter what.

Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with updating contest entry [orchard:249859]

Hello Bradley,

Thank you very much. Yes, the drop-down now contains the full list of modules, so I have updated my record successfully.

Just one other thing -- the link to Orchard Gallery in the contest entry contains a module version at the end of it in the following format:

orchardproject.net/Gallery/List/Modules/<PackageID>/<Version>

And it is the lowest version of the module. If the link would omit the version number, it would automatically load the page with the latest version. (at least, it seems to me based on experimenting with URL)

Thanks again.

--Daniel

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Bradley, thank you for your support.

I don't want to become a nuisance :) but I just spotted one more small problem:

When uploading an updated version of my module to the gallery, I did not pay attention to the Primary Category field (I assumed it would contain the same value as for initial upload). But after submitting the form, I noticed that it was set to the first value in the list by default -- Administration. So I got back, clicked Edit, and changed the category. However, the Gallery still lists my module in the Administration category. Although, if you go to the module details page, you can see that Category field shows a different value (the one that was saved when updating).

Thank you.

--Daniel

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM

When you make a change to an entry, it publishes to the feed immediately, but the website syncs to feed data in a background task every 60 seconds. It can take up to one minute for the website to reflect the edits. Could that be the issue you are encountering?

Bradley

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with updating contest entry [orchard:249859]

Bradley, thank you for your support.

I don't want to become a nuisance :) but I just spotted one more small problem:

When uploading an updated version of my module to the gallery, I did not pay attention to the Primary Category field (I assumed it would contain the same value as for initial upload). But after submitting the form, I noticed that it was set to the first value in the list by default -- Administration. So I got back, clicked Edit, and changed the category. However, the Gallery still lists my module in the Administration category. Although, if you go to the module details page, you can see that Category field shows a different value (the one that was saved when updating).

Thank you.

--Daniel

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM

> When you make a change to an entry, it publishes to the feed immediately, but the website syncs
> to feed data in a background task every 60 seconds. It can take up to one minute for the website
> to reflect the edits. Could that be the issue you are encountering?

No, it is not the case, as there have passed a few hours already.

--Daniel

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM
bradmi wrote:

When you make a change to an entry, it publishes to the feed immediately, but the website syncs to feed data in a background task every 60 seconds. It can take up to one minute for the website to reflect the edits. Could that be the issue you are encountering?

Bradley

Hmm, and my module does not appear in the feed at all, only at the website.

--Daniel

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM

The problem with wrong category has just cleared off, maybe it was really a transient error (but I honestly checked it a few times during the last 3 hours and it was there until a minute ago).

--Daniel

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

FYI -- The issue with the details links pointing to incorrect version has been fixed.  Now the details link should go to the "recommended version" for the entry.  Thanks again from bringing this to our attention.