Integrate Live Writer

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Mar 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I understand the way to use Live Writer as a blog author but i'd like to implement it as a native component - ideally to replace TinyMce.

Possible? thx

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Not sure what you mean by "native component".

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM

"native component" = TinyMce as in native editor?

So that all HTML inputs - specifically the admin forms - are rendered by LiveWriter.

thx

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM

That is unfortunately impossible: LiveWriter is a desktop application, not an embeddable component.

Developer
Mar 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM

@justSteve: I guess you think about adding the ability to edit/add pages and other body-having content from LiveWriter, am I right?

@Bertrand - I saw your tweet where you stated that such functionality could be possibly added:) 

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 12:56 AM

No no no, different thing. My tweet was about enabling the XML-RPC APIs for pages instead of just blog (I also just said it was doable, not that it was planned). JustSteve wants the LiveWriter editor embedded into the admin pages in place of TinyMCE. That is not going to happen.

Developer
Mar 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Yes, I was thinking about exactly the same thing - editing pages via XML-RPC API:) I guess justSteve meant this also, because I cannot see any other option (how?).

Jun 27, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Was the ability to edit "pages" (not blog posts) via Live Writer ever implemented at the core or as an Addon/Module?

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM

It's still not implemented, but it more recently became a workitem:

http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17945

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Is it possible to interface with WebMatrix so that one could edit pages html from the editor there?

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM

No. You will only be able to edit physical html files, i.e. templates. The real contents of pages is in the database. LiveWriter is an infinitely better and easier option for that sort of thing.