Is it possible to inherit the admin theme

Topics: Writing themes
Mar 3, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Is it possible to inherit the admin theme, I tried and a theme was created but how do i set it to active.

I.e. if I maybe want to run som jquery plugins to make the widget admin page drag and drop or filter and sort enable the user table.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Theming is currently not supported on the admin UI.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:26 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Theming is currently not supported on the admin UI.

Hi Bertrand,

Are there any plans to implement this in a later version? I'm working on a project where we would like to retheme parts of the admin interface so this feature would be really useful.

I stumbled across your blog the other day and read a little about implementing custom theme selectors - (please excuse my ignorance as I'm still fairly new to Orchard) - would it be possible for a module author to implement their own AdminThemeSelector in a similar way to how you implemented a per-User-Agent theme selection? The only references I can find to the current AdminThemeSelector are in an AdminThemeSelectorTests class - although that being said I'm working from an only branch that is a couple of weeks old.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

We'll implement that eventually but I can't tell you when. For the moment, there is pretty much nothing you can do that would be a good stable solution in the long run. The admin theme is in fact selected by a specific theme selector, but overriding that would only seem to work as you'd very likely get all kinds of nasty side effects.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Fair enough. Thanks for the quick response. We'll find a way to work around it in the short term.

Thanks again.