Changing ownership on a blog

Topics: Administration, General, Troubleshooting
Feb 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I've created two separate blogs (for two people) in my orchard installation, the first when I was logged in as the "admin" superuser. I subsequently changed the superuser to be my own user, and removed the "admin" user, and now I'm seeing odd things with the blog:

1. The first blog I created (logged in as admin) now displays a status like this: "Last modified: 17 hours ago | By <null>" no matter what I do. Editing something about the blog does not change <null> to anything else.
  2. I am unable to change ownership of either blog. The first blog I created is now owned by noone (the text field is blank) and the second is owned by my user, and I am unable to change it to be owned by the user I want to own it.
  3. The user that the second blog was created for is unable to create posts in the blog. I believe this may be related to the ownership issue above.

I poked around the database looking for where this information might be stored, but it appears that the most convoluted database structure ever invented has been put in place to deter people like me (who have been professional developers for over a decade).

Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM

That is the same thing as this bug: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17143

The information you're looking for in our most convoluted database structure is the OwnerId column in Common_CommonPartRecord. It should point to a record in Orchard_Users_UserPartRecord.

Feb 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Excellent, I added a vote and a comment to the issue. Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That is the same thing as this bug: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17143

The information you're looking for in our most convoluted database structure is the OwnerId column in Common_CommonPartRecord. It should point to a record in Orchard_Users_UserPartRecord.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com