'jQuery' is undefined error on each page

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
Feb 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Working off a new install and literally just playing around to get my feet wet. Added a couple themes, installed Experimental and a few other modules. Something i did caused Orchard to lose track of jQuery's location:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://testing.mySite.com/orchardlocal/modules/orchard.jquery/scripts/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"

Doing a text search on '1.4.2.min' leads me to think that the Experimental is responsible.

found in file : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\site\CMS\Modules\Orchard.Experimental\Views\HackScript.cshtml
Line   3 -         document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='/orchardlocal/modules/orchard.jquery/scripts/jquery-<1.4.2.min>.js'%3E%3C/script%3E"));

2 questions:

1. So should i have known to do any sort of manual configuration to enable this module? (i just clicked 'enable') or should Experimental have prompted for config settings?
  2. Is there a path/folder that i can backup that would let me roll the server's state back to a 'known good condition' - restore config settings without effecting content that might have updated?

thx much