Creating New Module Question

Topics: Writing modules
Feb 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Using the documentation I created successfully a new module [codegen module moduleName]. But when I open the Orchard.Web project in Visual Studio 2010 Pro, the newly created module folder doesn't show up: should I add manually this new module folder (files) to the project or ...?

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

You can do that but if you are doing module development, I would recommend you use the full source code rather than the

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Ok thanks. I'll use the full source code. I suppose for the rest the process as I used for developing a module with remains the same?

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Pretty much, except that you will be able to use the sln file and the /IncludeInSolution:true flag when code generating modules.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

And look out when doing the repository update on the source during the development - if you add your module projects to the solution sometimes the Orchard.sln file needs manual merging (especially when there are lots of changes).

Maybe you should try the Jumpstart module? I created it to make the development quicker (includes sample parts, drivers, handlers and shapes).