Integrating Web App in Orchard Question

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I'm developing an n-layer web application: Presentation/UI layer, Domain layer (entities, ...), Infrastructure layer (repository Entity Framework 4), Aplication/Service layer (entry into the app).
I want to integrate/host my app (UI) into Orchard and also using the authentication provide by Orchard. What are my options to do this? Can this only be achieved building Orchard Modules?

Thanks.

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I'm coming here looking for much the same. An existing web app that isn't a blog but has non-trivial CMS needs. Basically, i'd like to use Orchard's CMS functionality to manage my product's catalog.

Looking forward to seeing the guidance you  get - there have to be dozens of others that have already blazed a trail in this particular direction.

Developer
Feb 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Hi!

@gdillen: I read your post about building a complex app in another thread. I'll try to answer you as quick as I can.

I think it is a perfect topic for an article, as such cases as yours are not uncommon and it clearly needs some clarification on how to do it with Orchard right. I'm currently building such app atm so I understand your point:) I'll write the article tomorrow on my blog.

Cheers, Piotr

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM

@Piotr: Thanks & looking forward reading your article..

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Thankx...i'll look forward to it.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:19 AM
justSteve wrote:

Thankx...i'll look forward to it.

For sake of Google's juice, this thread might help if it had a better ending? Enough time's passed in Orchard's maturation that perhaps updating this thread could serve to aggregate the updated-state of the art. Integration and Migrations are clearly repeated use cases of new comers. Lots has happened with capabilities of new modules that speaks to what we can do with scripting so we can import objects with greater fidelity.

Module writers have done a great-to-awesome job fleshing out Orchard's foundation but without better dissemination of current-best practices lots of us builders are left scratching our metaHeads.