Replace/Remove Home by Blog

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I want to build a blog by Orchard so I add a blog in dashboard. But there are both "Home" and "My Blog" in the header which is not what I want.I want to REMOVE the "Home" tab, or at least make it invisible, since it's only a personal blog and I want to all the blogs is displayed directly on the first page(homepage) in a list.

How should I do?

I find a thread: but can't catch it. And a new question is raised: what's the meaning of "slug"?

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM

You can set your blog as a home page simply by checking the checkbox right after the URL field ("Set as home page" or sth like that) in the Blog Properties pane.

Slug is just the part of the path in relation to parent (which for blog is the root for any child items and should be unique), eg. if you have blog under then "/blog" is your blog's slug. Nothing more. If you promote your blog to the homepage the slug changes to "/", so better do it before you start running your blog, as the URLs will change.

Cheers, Piotr

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Thank you and I know the slug.

But "Set as home page" can't fit my requirement. What I want is not only show the blog as first page, but also REMOVE the "Home" tab.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM

You can remove menu tabs from Navigation pane - just click the corresponding Remove button next to tab you want to remove (Home too).

Cheers, Piotr

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Haha, That’s it! Thanks very much.