Orchard.Web.1.0.20.zip won't open

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I am trying to get Orchard CMS installed on a new hosting site and running into roadblocks everywhere.  First, Web Platform Installer would not install.  I was able to download the MSI off the web sirectly and fixed that problem.  Next, WebMatrix will not finish installing because it says several prerequisites cannot install. I can't get it to work, so fine, I figure I'll install Orchard manually.

I downloaded the Orchard.Web.1.0.20.zip file but it will not open: Windows says the file is "Invalid".

I'm getting really frustrated, does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?  This is a Win7 Ultimate 32-bit machine with VS2010 and .NET 4 installed.

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Nevermind, I downloaded the ZIP again and it worked.  The first download must have gotten corrupted somehow.

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Use firefox and download again

Sent from my iPhone

On 12/02/2011, at 12:39 PM, "joelcochranlive"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am trying to get Orchard CMS installed on a new hosting site and running into roadblocks everywhere. First, Web Platform Installer would not install. I was able to download the MSI off the web sirectly and fixed that problem. Next, WebMatrix will not finish installing because it says several prerequisites cannot install. I can't get it to work, so fine, I figure I'll install Orchard manually.

I downloaded the Orchard.Web.1.0.20.zip file but it will not open: Windows says the file is "Invalid".

I'm getting really frustrated, does anyone have any idea what could be going on here? This is a Win7 Ultimate 32-bit machine with VS2010 and .NET 4 installed.

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

It turns out I was having a problem with my Internet connection that was causing all my problems.  All is well now, WPI and WebMatrix installed and Orchard deployed.  Thanks!