How to build the module with Visual studio

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Hi,

I used Orchard code generation to create the module. It did created in the Module folder, but I don't see it in visual studio project. How do I do that? 

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 4:19 AM

You should have used the /IncludeInSolution:true flag, but it's not too late, you can still right click on the Modules folder in Visual Studio, choose add an existing project and navigate to the new module's csproj file.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Hello Betrand, there is no add existing project when you click Modules folder in Vis Studio.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I mean if you are using the Orchard.Web project. It is available only if using the source project.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM

If you are going to use Visual Studio to do module creation, you should get the full source code.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Could you please let me know what will be the advantage to use full source code? I thought using orchard codegen we could crate the project in the visual stuido solution.

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:06:08 -0800
Subject: Re: How to build the module with Visual studio [orchard:245549]

If you are going to use Visual Studio to do module creation, you should get the full source code.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

There is no solution file in the Orchard.Web zip file.

While it is possible to do module development with just that version, it will be considerably easier with the full source. You'll be able to debug into the framework, you'll get a full solution with all the module projectsw, etc.