Just Curious :D

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I kinda get the feeling I'm going to be settling in here for the long term ;)

I'm just curious as to if there is somewhere here (or elsewhere) for general chit-chat and a place to say hello as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ;)

Nick

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM

IRC? Channel #orchard on freenode.

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM

http://freenode.net/ Jebus that site makes my head hurt.

I will take it that there is no 'Sign up here'....'Yay, this is the Orchard forum' moment then?

BTW. Hi Bertrand :D

PS: I'm being honest because I don't think you ever get a second chance to hear a persons first impression.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Try this: http://webchat.freenode.net/ 

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hi Bertrand ;-)

So no plain old simple chat forum then? One where you can just say hello? 

OK no problem.

.Net MVC has brought me here + the fact that after spending a couple of weeks thinking about designing and implementing my own CMS took me to the logical conclusion of 'are you mental' and after investigating Orchard and thinking to myself 'I like this'...... I would like to take the opportunity to say hello. I hope I'm going to learn lots here. I hope in some way I will contribute and I hope I'm not going to drive too many people mental :D

Nick

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Nice to see you here. (on IRC, well you know that's pretty much the standard for that sort of thing, and freenode is where the FOSS people tend to hang out...)

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:39 PM

"on IRC, well you know that's pretty much the standard for that sort of thing,"

Not really but hey ho :D

"and freenode is where the FOSS people tend to hang out..."

FOSS? brb off to google. Ach so.........

OK well I'm not going to beat about the bush (in too much detail) about why I have ended up here but I have a well developed idea in my head for n number of user sites (Orchard) that can all post information back to a separate central site via web services. I'm sure that with Orchard I can build this in with a bit of knowledge? 

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 1:10 AM

What is it then?

You should be able to build something like that, yes.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Hi Bertrand.

I'm a bit busy at the moment on a language course and am away from my computer until late in the evenings so I don't have time to go into too many details just now.  I shall be using the few spare hours a day I have over the next four weeks (when my course ends) to gain a better understanding of the guts of Orchard.

But anyway, I'm glad you said yes. I look forwards to picking peoples brains in the very near future :D