Orchard content sharing module (AddThis)

Developer
Feb 8, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Hi!

I just finished (and contributed to the Gallery ofc) a module adding a must-have blog functionality - content sharing!:) It delivers a reusable and themeable with predefined themes (for now) ShareBar part which you can put onto your routable content types. It is based on AddThis service.

Source is available (as always;) on Codeplex.

I also wrote a detailed step-by-step article on how to use the sharing feature and change the share bar appearance - you can find it here.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers, Piotr

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Hello Pszmyd,

Thank you for a great module - I have just started using it and I can see it will be beneficial.  I have downloaded Version 0.5 from the modules library.  With this version (and perhaps you have already updated it) I had the problem that the Content Parts was not automatically added so it was confusing to know how to get this part to work.  I had to manually go to Content Parts and add "ShareBarPart" as a Content Part.  After this it worked fine.  However, I was wondering if you could update your migration with the following code to make this automatically happen:

public int UpdateFrom1() {
    ContentDefinitionManager.AlterPartDefinition(
        typeof(ShareBarPart).Name, cfg => cfg.Attachable());
    return 2;
}

You will also need this at the top:

using AddThisSharing.Models;

This will make it easier on the next user and get more users hooked on your module.  Also, if you could categorieze your module, perhaps as Content like this:

Description: Cool Module for Sharing
Category: Content

It will show up better in the modules section.

I hope these are helpful comments (and perhaps you have already done them in your source code) - either way, thank you for the great module.