TinyMce Module

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hi there,

I want to create a new Orchard module to extend the TinyMce functionality (something like the addmedia plugin but from a Module).

What I need is to override in some way the TinyMce Initialization located in the Body-Html.Editor.cshtml view inside the TinyMce Module because I must include the plugin/buttons on the initialization. I was trying to include it after the initialization with no luck :(

The reason of moving this to a module instead adding of adding a new TinyMce plugin is to take advantage of the Orchard's modularity. 

Thoughts?

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do? We are currently planning for some work in the editor and it would be a shame to have duplication.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I'm just playing around. I'm trying to add a Silverlight control inside the editor.

If this can be done with an Orchard Module, as I mentioned before, I might be able to set some parameters from the admin mode like an API key, store it and then use it from the editor when the user tries to add a control with a certain URL + the Api Key.

Is that clear? :S

thanks for your quick answer.

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Yeah, not sure how you'd do that in a module though. You'd have to dig into the existing rendering for that part, and for the moment admin screens don't benefit from the very flexible shape infrastructure that we have on the front-end. We'll get there eventually but in the meantime admin views are not as dynamic as they could be.

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:02 PM

ok, thanks again for your help and I let you know if I came up with something interesting ;)