Community server blogs.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I still see many blog's (by microsoft) running on community server.

Shouldn't those be migrated to Orchard? :)

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Including mine. That would not be a small operation though. Migrating that much information without disrupting it is very complex. That's not saying that something like that would never happen but it would take time, work, blood and tears.

Another question to ask might be why should they?

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM

To promote Orchard? Show that Orchard works on heavy load with a bigger public, etc..
But you could just migrate your own blog to start with ;)

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Sure it would be great. Not in my power. Will take years to happen if it happens at all would be my estimate. Could be wrong.

As for my own blog, I already migrated my personal blog ( For my professional blog, it's pretty much tied to the URL. changing the URL would have a big impact on my audience. Not mentioning the blood and tears involved in migrating (that I already invested on

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Anyway seems to be down :)

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM

nevermind... i guess it had to startup since i can access it right now

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Actually that's a problem on my hoster's web farm configuration. They are working on it. refreshing usually makes it go away.

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM

And before you ask, yes it's broken on IE<9 :)

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

And before you ask, yes it's broken on IE<9 :)

Ya badly themed :)
.. fun to learn something differend: "have seen, have read"

And seeing someone with a personal blog and a professional blog.
I've the same issue about thinking about blogging or twittering.. should i fill it with personal, professional content or even mix it.

I miss 'category' stuff, not just like tags.. splitting one account into two accounts somehow, but having only one account @oneplace