disqus

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I would be interested in trying out orchard but I would want to use disqus for comments.  I didn't see anything in the gallery for disqus yet.  Does anyone know what it would take swap out the existing comment system with disqus?  I'm comfortable coding but just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Provided you don't import old comments it should be fairly simple. On the initial migration, the module could inspect all existing content types and alter them to remove the content part and add your own. The only one that may not like this is blogs because that's comparatively old code. But anyway you encounter difficulties removing comments from anything including blogs that's a bug: file it and we'll fix it.

apart from that disqus is just a script tag so that part should be trivial to add.

Let me know how that goes and if I can help.

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I'm considering the same thing ... integrating Disqus forum functionality ....

I'm sure I will benefit from your experience if there is anything to share.

Thanks,

Steve

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I'm interested in using Disqus with Orchard as well. Is anyone working on adding it?

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Hi, I'm not going to have time to build a plug in for this right now.  But i thought i would add my thoughts.  I was trying to think of a way to gracefully remove the comments for the blog content type.  If i were to do it now, I would just add the disqus script and either ignore the older comments or find a way to remove them in the backend.

this other thread may be a help:  http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/245741

Good luck.