Orchard gallery

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I uploaded a new version of an addin (Contrib.ChoiceList) but the old one is still there.  It would be nice to have a feature to replace modules with newer versions.  Should I just delete the old one?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Apparently this is being worked on :) Yes, deleting the old one would help. Thanks.

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM
The only downside to deleting it is that you lose download history, so it looks like a new / unused module to folks.
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Agreed.  It will be nice when that gets updated.  I was worried that Orchard would treat it as a new module too, but that's not the case.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:58 PM

The gallery actually does maintain a “total download count” across all versions of a module (w/ same package ID) in the gallery, but it’s not displaying it right now. You can only see it in the feed: http://orchardproject.net/gallery/server/FeedService.svc/Packages.

So if you do delete an older version of a module on the gallery, it will affect this total count. One “manual workaround” I have been offering to folks is to send me email (or just contact orchardgallery@outercurve.org) after uploading your new module version, and I can manually set the total downloads for that new version to match the download count for the previous version (and then it will continue to increment as the new version is downloaded). I can then delete the old version from the gallery on your behalf.

Once we start the next wave of feature work for the gallery (very soon, I promise!), we’ll fix this properly to display the aggregate download count across all versions, and to collapse all versions under a single details page for the module (displaying the individual download counts for each version too).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to apply that workaround for you in the meantime.

Bradley