Restricting Blogs, Pages and Menus to roles/users

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Hi there all, I've seen some discussions regarding the restricting some blogs/pages/menus in orchard to roles/users, for the first site I'm building with orchard, this functionality would be a massive help.

To this end, are there any ongoing efforts to build this functionality? If there are, can I help, either by assisting with the development, testing etc. I'm keen to contribute some dev time to do this as it would be a massive help for me.

kind regards,

Nick

Developer
Jan 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Hi!

I'm currently developing such a module (for permitting users access to content items) as I too need it for the project I'm currently working on. I'm very busy this week so I'll sit to finish it after January, 28th (weekend is always a good time to do some coding;) Any help would be very appreciated:)

Maybe I'll create some working version and set it up as a Codeplex project so we could both work on (and test) the source code before uploading it to the gallery?

Cheers, Piotr

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Brilliant news! I knew it would be on someones hit list, somewhere in the world.

Are you developing it purely for user access or roles too?

If you are happy for role access features too I'd more than happy to contribute some time to work on it. A codeplex project would probably be a good way of moving it forward.

Cheers,

Nick

Developer
Jan 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Cool!

Yes, I'd like to utilize the Orchard role features to enable adding/removing content item permissions to/from roles. For me it's a must-have too:)

So I'll create a project on codeplex on friday, put my code there and we can start working on this stuff! I'll ping you when it'll be ready ok?

Cheers, Piotr

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Sounds brilliant! I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards,

Nick

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Hi, how did you get on with this? It sounds like something we could use too.

Andrew.

Developer
Mar 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I'm working on it. I'll try to make it available soon (I have a couple of other modules to release though...).

Cheers!

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Looking back to the OP:

regarding the restricting some blogs/pages/menus in orchard to roles/users,

Shouldn't this be something we should be able to do with CommandLine?

thx

Developer
Mar 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM

@justSteve: Good point, this would be useful. I'll try to add such feature too.

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Hi,

Just stumbled across this, I need the ability to have multipule roles that restrict what front end users can access/view.

Another feature that I ideally need, is for restricted ContentTypes to be searchable but only if the users role permits viewing.

Do you have a link to your current code on codeplex?

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Hi,

great news! :-)
I'd also like to test the content-item-permission module, can I get it from anywhere?

Thanksalot!
Sascha