Associate Content Type to List

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I know this is going to seem like an easy question...I am using version 1.0.20.  I followed the tutorial creating lists of content types and can never seem to get the list to display on the page.  I can see a list of Content Types, but never any way to associate that to the list that displays on the page.

For example, if I click manage lists I can see my list, but no matter what I do if I click list items on that screen nothing ever comes up.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Well, you have to actually add content items to that list first.  Once you've done that, you'll see them in the admin when you click List Items on the Manage Lists page.  On the front end, you show a list by adding a ContainerWidget and associating that widget w/ your list.

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:13 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Did you make the content type include the common and containable parts? You cannot associate a content item to a list without these parts being included. Once you've done this, you'll get a drop down box in the edit page to associate the item to a list.