Gallery broken?

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I'm trying to add a module to the gallery but after uploading the package and checking the details and pressing next I get a standard ASP.NET error page. Is anyone else having same problems?

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Hi Pekkah –

Are you uploading a new module (with different packageID), or are you attempting to upload a newer version of an existing module in the gallery (i.e. one that you previously uploaded)? We ran into an issue with uploading newer versions of modules, which has been corrected in the latest gallery source code, but hasn’t been deployed to the live server yet. We are planning to do a refresh of the gallery code in the next week to fix this problem. In the meantime, a workaround is to delete the previous version of the module before uploading the new one.

Let me know if this helps, or if you would like to walk through it together. I could meet over live meeting or something to step you through it. Apologies for these hiccups as we bring the new gallery online… there are a few kinks to work out.

Thanks,
Bradley

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Thanks Bradley that was the issue. After deleting the old submission everything worked just fine.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Please let me use this discussion to also point out that when reuploading existing themes, they don't get updated, so we need to go and set another one as current, uninstall our theme, reinstall it and again set as current.

So it would be nice to have in future versions, something like an upgrade/reinstall button or simply having the uploaded theme remove the existing one before doing its thing, so images that no longer exist don't remain in the theme folder, and existing files don't run into overwrite issues.

Cheers,

tiago

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Please open a bug on the issue tracker for that. Thanks.