• [Common_BodyPartRecord]
  • [Orchard_Widgets_LayerPartRecord]
  • [Orchard_Widgets_WidgetPartRecord]
  • [Orchard_Framework_ContentItemVersionRecord]
  • [Orchard_Framework_ContentItemRecord]
  • [Routable_RoutePartRecord]

I do end up with two problems:

1. The home page gives an error: 404 - should not have passed path constraint
    In researching this error, I can confirm that the homepage id is the same in the settings record and elsewhere.  This bug was found by another user who un-published and re-published a page, but not sure what the solution there is.
  2. I cannot login to the site.  Strange.  I did not even touch the user tables.  I still have my backups before migration, but any ideas??????

Thanks for your help!

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Migration is entirely unsupported at this point. You're basically in uncharted territory, and nobody has tried or succeeded in doing that that I know of. Still, did you start by setting up the target site first and then importing data from some tables?

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I started by creating the site, then ran INSERT statements only against the above tables.  The CMS I am coming from had no blog, no custom content types, and no extra modules so in my case I have a limited number of tables to move over.

As I mentioned, everything came over just fine and I can see everything EXCEPT home.  I am guessing that the HOME page is handled specially in code and requires perhaps an update or something to another table.  I think that is fixable by simply re-setting the home page in the admin, but now I get access denied when trying to login to the site even though I did not touch the user tables.  I'm not asking you to support my migration scenario, but am wondering if there is one or two more tables beyond these that I may also need to look at importing.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Based on the error message, I assume there is something to do with the Path property in RoutableRecord, which should not be empty, even for the home page.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Yes, to be clear, I was not telling you that I would refuse to help you :) Just setting expectations...

The access denied sure is weird. Can you attach a debugger to the app and break into the authorization code maybe?

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM

It is in-fact empty for the home page.  Should it just be / or what is it expecting in a healthy install?

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I love you guys and prefer you focus on getting V 1.0 out then digging too deep into code for me.  I'm just looking for the quick answer.

This installation I am playing with is from WPI 3.0, not the sources, and I haven't attached a debugger in that particular case before.  As I said, when I try to login, it tells me access denied which is strange since I did not touch that table, but if values in [Routable_RoutePartRecord] changed between .86 => .9 even though the structure is identical, it is entirely plausible that is why I cannot get into the Admin.