Removing Content Types and Parts

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Since I'm still learning, I keep making little parts and then later figuring out that I want to arrange the data a little differently. Rather than worry about chaining together a string of "UpdateFrom" methods in the migrations file, I want to just start over as if the part never existed in Orchard. Is that possible? Also, how can I delete a content type that I no longer want?

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM

It's a good habit to have a copy of the application where you don't put anything important so that you can zap the database at any time. Deleting the contents of the App_Data folder (after killing the web server) is the easiest way to reset those things. Of course, it deletes all data.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Just as removing modules, we can hope Scott's second question will be addressed in the future.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

That makes three of us. I created a Custom Content Type without code, but now I decided I want to create that type with code for advanced behaviour. Unless I can go ahead without creating any conflicts, it would definitely be nice to be able to somehow delete the custom content type without having to zap the database.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Vote for the bug:

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Voted! Its a definitely needed feature!

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Just saw this the meantime, I've been doing the following:

delete from [Orchard_Framework_DataMigrationRecord] where DataMigrationClass = 'MyModuleName'
drop table MyModuleName_SomeCustomRecord