Pages along side the CMS / Static Pages

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I have the need to have some pages in my site not content managed. I don't want any user to be able to change or delete these pages, but I still want them to use the look and feel of the rest of the site. Basically, I want to allow content managers to add content items I provide, but once a web visitor gets into a certain area, the pages are all designed and run by developers. I'm not sure if this makes sense or not. 

The current idea is that I need to be able to add commerce functionality (cart, pricing, etc) that is not under a content manager's control. I also intend for the data behind these pages not to be managed through Orchard's DAL, but through my own data access methods. I'm thinking that creating a module is the way to do this.

Another example is a custom HttpHandler. If I just dump it in the web directory and try to make calls to it, since Orchard is handling all of the routing, I can't seem to access my handler. 

I've used N2 CMS before and if it receives a request for a url that it doesn't manage content for, it routes it throught the default MVC view engine. Is this feature available in Orchard? 

I wanted to see if anyone had any incite on this subject. 

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Look at the hello world documentation topic. It shows how to handle requests through a regular controller and still benefit from theming.