Content Items not showing in dashboard

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I am going through the tutorials in the documentation. I've created the Event Type based on this tutorial The Event type shows under the Manage Content Types list, and I can create and successfully save a new Event Item. I can even set the Show on main menu option, and and it updates the main menu. If I browse the perma link, it displays fine.

However, when I try to find the item under Manage Content, it does not show. If I go to Manage Content Types, and click the "List Items" link for Event they still don't show. Any ideas what the problem is? (This is from a clone of the newest changeset ff79b441489a)

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Make sure you have the common part on your content type.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I added the common part to the type and was able to add a new event item and have it show in the list. However, to get the other tests items I made to show in the list, I had to hack the url and put the id of the events I wanted to see, then re-save them.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Ditto here -- is this a bug?  If you add content type items before that content type is associated with the common part, the items don't appear even after adding the common part. (Version 1.0.20)

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Yep, it’s a bug and I think there’s something filed for it on Codplex. Have you tried publishing or saving the content again after adding the CommonPart?