How to uninstall Orchard?

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Is documentation planned on how to completely uninstall Orchard?

I have the situation where I want to do a clean install of Orchard 0.9 on a box that already has 0.8 on it, so you see the need for the uninstall. Also I would anticipate that in the future there will be times where a failed install eill need to be cleaned up before proceeding to a fresh install.

Clearly an uninstall involves more than just deleteing a directory, databases need to be dropped and/or deleted etc as well as IIS settings.

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Just delete the directory. If you used the full SQL server, also delete the database.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:22 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Just delete the directory. If you used the full SQL server, also delete the database.

I don't believe it is that simple.

For example I had 0.9 installed on my Windows 7 (64 bit) test machine with IIS. Orchard was installed at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\orchard\

Next I deleted the orchard directory.

Finally I went into IIS Manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools) and Orchard still shows (although the directory is gone).

Don't I need to remove the application in IIS Manager?

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

If you created an IIS application of course you need to remove that. Unless of course you install the new version of Orchard in there, which you said you wanted to do.