Retheming or adding a theme to the blog part ?

Dec 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Hi there,

I would like to control the output of the blog part i.e I would like to add CSS and have the Dates display in a larger font size and different color.

From what i see the Blog is output via code???  So what do i need to do to customize it? In a new theme we have the LAYOUT file but nothing regards to the BLOG.

Do i edit the module directly or something? but then this means when they are updates its going to overwrite my changes?

Or do i need to create a new module based on the blog module? And with regards to the CSS etc etc.. is this included in the Theme or in the module

Sorry quite a few questions!! but i am eager to start playing and i just can't find the information,.

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

You can override any rendering from a theme. Blog templates are no exceptions. You can copy the templates over from the views directory of the module into your theme.

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM

thanks bertrand, thats nice to know...

but if the output isn't to me liking and its not possible to configure via css....  do i need to create a NEW MODULE based on the blog module??  I presume this way i can control and overrride the view..??

Just think a loud :-)

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Not at all: your theme can override the rendering from any module.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:52 AM

ermm ok thanks for the reply, when you say override the rendering from any module... how does the theme do this? do I have to include a template or something? This is where i fall down... i am a little lost here.

you say all i need to do is "You can copy the templates over from the views directory of the module into your theme."

Ok, i know i will get this eventually i will take a look.

thanks again