integgration with MesoBoard or FluxBB

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I want to migrate my site to Orchard CMS, but the main problem that I want single input point to CMS and Forum. Talking in other words if user make register and logining on site he do not needed registration and logging  in Forum and vise versa.

Now I am using FluxBB from fluxbb.org

I am agree to make migration to http://mesoboard.com/ if it would be easier to make it's integration with CMS.

If somebody may help me with it am ready to pay money for it. Now best for me is integration with FluxBB because I am using it for now.

Could anybody describe process of such integration?

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Well, there are several ways you could do this. You could go all the way and create a full-blown forum module for Orchard, or you could do as little as integrate the authentication. The authentication in Orchard is fairly replaceable (there are a few old threads on this forum and on MSDN about that) so that should be possible without too much trouble.

Except that FluxBB is a PHP forum, whereas Orchard is based on ASP.NET. That is going to be a problem. As in: it won't be possible except with some pretty extreme hackery, such as exposing FluxBB's authentication as a web service and consuming that from Orchard.

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM

ok thanks! now I am thinking of converting my forum to Mesoboard, I hope that it would be easier write integration plugin.

btw, maybe you can advice me some good, modern ASP.NET forum engines?