Can't run 0.9 orchard site after new install

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I just installed the 0.9 version of orchard using wpi. When I try to run the orchard site this error appears:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'WebData' does not exist in the namespace 'WebMatrix' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:
Line 23:     using System.Web.Mvc;
Line 24:     using WebMatrix.Data;
Line 25:     using WebMatrix.WebData;
Line 26:     using System.Web.Mvc.Ajax;
Line 27:     using System.Web.Mvc.Html;

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\ec900aad\eeb6dffb\App_Web_index.cshtml.d5b2430e.utgewwra.0.cs    Line: 25

Anyone know what this might be about? I'm not familiar with webmatrix and don't see a place to check for missing references etc. I did a repair of the webmatrix installation and no help. I may pull down this install and choose the IIS install instead, but thought I'd see if this could be resolved first.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Hmm... It looks like the webmatirx.data assemblies are not present in the "bin" folder of the orchard installation folder. I'm not sure why this would be happening, but could you try copying those assemblies in the bin folder and see if this solves the problem?
Dec 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM

The same 35 items are in the folder at \my websites\orchard\bin as are in the bin folder for the orchard 0.9 I downloaded and unzipped, including WebMatrix.Data.dll

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Hmm... It might be an issue with the version of "razor/asp.net web page" that WebMatrix installs on the machine. Could you try installing asp.net mvc 3 rc2 (rc 2 is important, it's the release published last week).
Dec 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Yes that was it - thanks!

Now I get the orchard setup page and it says it does not have write perms to app_data, but that's probably easy to resolve.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

After closing the instance of orchard which had the perms error listed in my previous post, and hitting Run again, Orchard fired up without any errors.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Thanks, same issue, reinstall of MVC 3 RC2 did the trick.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I have installed it using my web host company and the error continues. Maybe the final release of webmatrix is bogus?

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Or maybe your web host company does not have the latest bits installed.