How does codegen command find the sln file ?

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I can run the codegen module command with the includeInsolution flag set to true. The module gets created, but it does not get added to my solution.

orchard> codegen module Evento /IncludeInSolution:true
Creating Module Evento
Module Evento created successfully

How could it since I did not tell the command where the sln file is ? What is the rule to find the sln file ?

Tiago Andrade e Silva

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM

You need to run the command line from the orchard.web directory of full source code drop. Only under those conditions can it find the solution.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I installed orchard from wpi, so I got with a orchard directory with a Orchard.Web.csproj inside. There is no sln file by default, and no Orchard.Web directory ...

So, in order to use codegen and start messing around I need to source code download ... just realized this now. this should be reflected in docs.

will try with the full source code. thanks

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Right, if you're using a wpi install, there is no solution to include it in (or rather you may have your own custom solution but we won't update that). You don't necessarily need to have a full source enlistment, this scenario of developing modules with just a wpi install is fully supported, but not with the IncludeInSolution option. Your choice. I prefer to have a full source enlistment because it makes debugging and digging around the code easier, but there is also something to be said about the simplicity of just one web site with everything underneath.